A lot of organizations felt doubtful about the efficiency of the hybrid work environment because it was a new concept to them. However, upon the implementation of this model, they realized that it is going to be staying for a while now. The reason being the comfort that it brought to many employees of different organizations who had no intention of resuming work from office after the lockdown was over. The model allowed them to work from home or office, depending on their choice and that worked big time for their respective employers. Today we will discuss the reasons behind the success of hybrid work model.
- Saved Money of Organizations – The hybrid work model was considered a success because it saved the organizations a lot of their money which would have spent in the reorganization of the workplace post the lockdown restrictions were lifted. The model allowed a majority of people to work from their homes and the rest who chose to work from offices were given a work environment which was arranged smartly without spending a lot of money. The cost on different things like electricity, water, food and drinks were reduced as well.
- Increased The Productivity – The division of a common task among many people increased the productivity of the organization as each team and individual had the responsibility of carrying out their share of the job with due diligence. The increase in productivity can also be attributed to the fact that the employees had the work environment which they deemed fit for themselves and therefore worked in that environment to provide the best of their efforts. Apart from that, the increase in productivity of the employees was also because of the flexibility of the work schedule which enabled them to work as per their comfort.
- Flexibility in Timings – The best part about the hybrid work model was that it did not expect a certain individual to work for fixed hours. While there were some organizations who kept their employees working for fixed hours even from their homes, the others provided them the choice of picking up their own working hours wherein they were at their productive best. The flexibility in timing for the off-site team was the best thing that could have happened to them because it allowed them to take part in the personal activities at their homes like a birthday celebration or a wedding anniversary.
- Setting Up Clear Expectations – The challenges faced by the employees and employers during the pandemic were enough for them to see their vulnerabilities and how they needed each other to overcome those. The implementation of a hybrid work model helped them understand each other in a better way as the expectations from the employers and the employees were given equal consideration by the management so that the teams can work knowing what is expected from them. This helped in establishing some new and better work relationships among all the levels of the organization as people had to interact with each other for their help and support on different stages of a project.
- Better Work Relationships – The hybrid work model was also followed in a manner in which some members of the office team were given the opportunity to work from home and those who were already working from home were asked to fill in for them. This arrangement enabled the employees to interact with their colleagues with whom they had never talked to before. This helped in establishment of better work relationships as everyone got the chance to work with each other on the same project at some point of time.
- An Overall Better Work Environment – The monotony offered by working from home and working from offices only has killed the drive of many individuals to perform with everything that they have got. The hybrid work environment took care of this matter as it allowed the people to work from the place of their choice and the employers also obliged with the requests of their employees to appoint them the desired workplace. This arrangement turned out to be an excellent work environment because all the teams were happy with where they were operating and the flexibility of working hours was another great advantage of the model.
It was just a few days back that people were wondering what is a hybrid work schedule. And now those very same people have become an integral part of the process. The factors that are responsible for the success of hybrid work model must be given their due credit because they were not about a single person; they were about taking the entire team together so that they can work towards a highly profitable future. The hybrid work model is here to stay and it is not going anywhere until at least the coronavirus is around.